Pages

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Horns big



If you click on it, it will send you to the big version. Here is a brief explanation of what's going on:
I'm playing with the idea that an image "goes through" some kind of transformation, some kind of interruption by other images and references. Probably I've babbled on about this before, the idea to paint things as they are remembered. So, this is not just a "thing" but a thing that went through something else, some other transformative process, and became some other idea. True itself in some ways, and only an allusion to itself in others. Before, I would paint a thing and it was like a straight shot, beginning to end, to get to the representation of its form. This idea is to paint the thing, and then to paint a feeling of the thing, sort of unconsciously, on top of it.

1 comment:

Ambera said...

It's really interesting. It's completely different from the other work of yours I've seen, and I have to congratulate you on being brave and doing that! I've started school at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design, and it's a challenge to move away from the "safe" painting formulas I've developed. But it's exciting to see the new results!