Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Portrait of M - Color Study


I learned some time ago that I must do studies for commissions. It's so easy to think I have it all worked out in my mind, but inevitably there are small things that I need to alter. It's much better to solve problems on a small canvas than try to solve them - and then hide them - on a large one. Winnie the Pooh has changed colors twice. He's much cooler now.

I have several portraits I'm working on now. Victor Envelope just commissioned three portraits of their founders for their 50th anniversary next spring.

If you would like to commission a portrait for your family or business, please contact me.

2 comments:

PAT MEYER -- said...

Wow!! They are going to love this one. What a great moment captured in time.

Frank Gardner said...

This is a great one in itself. I hope you'll post the finished piece too.