Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Onion and Pepper

6 x 8 inches, oil on canvas on panel. This painting is available for sale for $150 + $10 shipping. EMail me at lisagloria@gmail.com if you would like it.

Last night the art-obsessed Lulu (age 6) and I made one of those little lined boxes for still life set-ups. I used to have one lined with white paper, and this one is lined with black paper. If you've ever wondered how to paint a still life with moody lighting, this is the way.

I had this picture in my mind of a warmis color next to a dimly lit reflective object. I tried the sugar bowl and the little vase, to no avail. Then I saw this commercial pepper shaker on the counter, and went with it. I like it! Will have to start painting that more. The simple cylindrical shape is so much fun to paint. I really enjoy painting metal and glass. Thought the onion was going to asphixiate me though.

I took a video for an oil painting demonstration - will update this post when it's good to go.







Enjoy this post? Subscribe in a reader
Or you can Subscribe to painter on painting by Email

1 comment:

Paul F said...

That's gorgeous Lisa.