Pages

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Carnations #3 - Final painting

12 x 12, oil on panel. I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow.

I saved step by step pics of this painting, so I will post that on ArtStudioSecrets as a step by step demonstration soon, and also the glazing section of this was already done as a demo on how to glaze, available here. I hear that page looks really weird in Safari - we're working on it but I am XML impaired.

I changed a bunch of things on the final day, going to a cooler background and warmer foreground, and shifting the focus toward the vase. This seemed like a natural plan since the vase is a little more interesting than humble carnations, and I'm pleased with that change.


What do you think?



Enjoy this post? Subscribe in a reader
Or you can Subscribe to painter on painting by Email

5 comments:

Laurel Alanna McBrine said...

Beautiful! That vase is exceptional. Nice color scheme.

Sabina said...

This is beautiful and love the changes!

I wish you could do more figures! Thanks.

Sabina Jagoda

Tony Perrotta said...

Hi Lisa, Love it, great job.

Tony

Martha.C said...

Hi Lisa!All your paintings are beautiful...I like this painting,is special...I wish you to have much success.Martha

Martha.C said...

All your paintings are beautiful,but I like this very much ...I wish you much success.Martha