Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Alla Prima Fisher Price Fire Truck

David Lewis of the Aurora Regional Fire Museum asked me to do a painting of a toy, in conjunction with sixtybones.com 's Molded Heroes show, opening April 9.  They even loaned me a toy - and it's so cute.  My brother had one just like it when we were kids.  The lil dude in front bouces up and down when you roll it, and turns his head.  And the bell rings.  Adorable.

Here's the pic:

It's up for auction right now, with proceeds to benefit the Aurora Regional Fire Museum.  Click here to bid: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180638497781&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT.

And here it is being made. Enjoy...



Enjoy this post? Subscribe in a reader Or you can Subscribe to painter on painting by Email

1 comment:

Robert McCall said...

Reminds me of when I was about 5 playing in the sandpit at kindergarten dreaming of being a fireman. About the same time as I first brushed paint onto a canvas. Thanks for the memories. Best,