Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

White Shell

You know how sometimes you get a mental image, and then endeavor to accomplish whatever that is, and then about half way through you look around and go, "whoa, I'm not sure I can do this." This is that painting.

I won't go into it - if you're a painter then I know you know what this painting entailed, but I wasn't sure non-painters were going to get just why I spent months on something so... simple.  But then I posted it on Facebook, and oh wow, everybody got it. So thanks! I hope you all get it.

White Shell, 12 x 9
Oil on linen
Contact Tidewater Gallery for sales information

Enjoy this post? Subscribe in a reader Or you can Subscribe to painter on painting by Email

4 comments:

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

It is a meditation, Lisa! Thank you.

Deborah Paris said...

Very beautiful-restrained and elegant.

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted!!